The Mediocrity Codex: Volume I, Issue II
Section IV: who needs fingernails, anyway

Aldavaro Barvolo is a simple man.

“I don’t know who gave me the case! I don’t remember!”

He has simple needs. He needs a bed. He needs a meal. He needs love.

“I can barely remember what I did two days ago. I’ve had that case for 6 months! I’m telling you, I don’t remember!”

For man like Aldavaro, these needs usually come easily. A bit of sleep here, a ham sandwich, there.

“Please, please, I’m telling you. Believe me I have no idea how I got that damn thing. Please? Come on. Come on!”

But today, for a man like Aldavaro Barvolo, things are not so simple.

“I mean, look, I don’t even know what’s in the case. I opened it once. There’s papers right? And some pictures. That’s all I saw. I don’t know anything. I shouldn’t have kept it. I know. I’m sorry. Is that what you want? I’m sorry?”

Today, Aldavaro’s needs have become a bit more complex. Today, Aldavaro’s needs will not come so easily.

“Ok, look. Look. This woman. She dropped the briefcase when we were getting off the bus. She was in a hurry, see? I tried to give it back to her. I tried to chase her down. I didn’t want to keep it, ok? I didn’t mean to keep it. I mean, after I opened it, there’s no money inside anyway right? Isn’t that what you want? Money?”

But Aldavaro knows how to get what he needs. He always gets what he needs.

“Hey, hey what are you doing!? Please, no, god no! please. PLEASE!”

And what Aldavaro needs now is information.

Popular posts from this blog

Xenogears: The Article

Mass Effect 3: You're wrong, but that's ok